Thursday, December 11, 2008

4th Day - Week 3

Is it really the third week already! Wow - time flies when you're having fun...we are having fun right?

Sure, some days are scary but not like home alone watching SAW II on a dark and windy night scary! You may not always feel like talking to someone but, not like they really have horrendous bad breath, BO and you're about to keel over, not want to talk to them...well, not too often does that happen anyway. And, with everything else going on in our lives we are probably more worn out than we have been in a long time too but, not like 29 hours in labor tired or I just got back from climbing Mt Kilimanjaro worn out...

Okay - point to this is...???

There are 'reasons' and there are 'excuses'.

I've been scared at times to approach people about MPM. There have been times I didn't feel like talking to anyone and I've certainly been more tired this last week of Boot Camp but they're all just excuses! Excuses to myself for not doing what I need to be doing.

I need to talk to more people. I need to leave my comfort zone more often than I do. I need to just meet more people in my own neighborhood. I need to follow up more by phone and in person and stop relying so much on the computer. I need to climb Mt Kilimanjaro...no - no, scratch that one!

I need to get back the person that I was when I was successful in the auto industry. I was a fierce competitor. A top sales person during a time before it was fashionable to have a female salesperson in a dealership. I became a top trainer and manager for both sales and finance in the industry. The same when I went to the mortgage industry...HELLO Linda, are you in there? Come out come out where ever you are!

I'm working on it folks...as the saying goes...some days are diamonds and some days are rough!

Today was somewhere in between. 3 of my trade show contacts still haven't gotten back to me and I don't want to call again so I'll drop a card in the mail - 2 others still haven't had a chance to watch the presentation and I'm having lunch one day next week with the one who's big with the Business Woman's Alliance. Ms Fox, Bam's grandmother wants me to call her back over the weekend and I've sent an email to Tom Fleming who is the Exec. Director for the West Central Florida chapter of Business Network International. I've talked with a Chiropractor in town and a guy who sells Rainbows - not the pretty ones, the vacum cleaners. (I could have said 'the ones that suck'!) No wait - I just did!!

Tomorrow is a full day as Al has a Workman's Comp review ( one of those home visits where they just need to see him living and breathing and know that I don't have him stuffed in the freezer and still collecting his checks. LOL) Also, Sears home repair will be here SOMETIME to repair the built in Microwave. They'll be my first 2 contacts:) Then I'm going to stop in at 3 businesses so I'm going to bed early to get more rest and have my beans in one pocket and a cross to fend off the vampires in the other...wish me luck.

Linda

5 comments:

World Changer Reality Boot Camp said...

I love reading your blogs! You are so funny! Keep up the great work, you are a leader in this company!
Jewels

Big Z and his Mom said...

Linda C.
I'm chuckling and I ditto your comments on climbing MT. K. et al. Since you have now mentioned your past as a top salesperson in a dealership, the cat is out of the bag. That inner you is OUT, and we'll be seeing her right away. It's guaranteed. I'm sure that the released inner sales Linda will be just as fun, informative, and wonderful as the Linda that's been right here all along. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne B said...

Too funny!!!
Serously now..you ARE a diamond in the rough.
As are all the Boot Campers.
Do you know the process diamonds go through? The fire, heat.....to make it beautiful?!?!
It makes a wonderful analogy and very true.
Thanks for sharing......

worldchangerrealitybootcampeleanorn said...

Funny! You help start my day off right. I have been teaching a Ready for Work program that teaches immigrants how to find jobs in North America. When we talk about interview skills I explain that they have to show what they were successful at in the past. Past behavior is an indication of future performance. WOW, Linda. You have the past behavior to really excel in MPM. Congratulations! Now just do it. :-)

Eleanor

Ginny Dye said...

Okay, Madame Sales Whiz. As Tess said - the cat is now out of the bag. Come to the call this morning prepared to do some role-playing with me. Let's have some fun and bust past these barriers. :)

Ginny