Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wacky day

Started out early this morning at one of the flea markets here which was way overwhelming and too too long since the 'snow birds' are all down with their wares. They arrive in caravans of RVs that are jam packed with their products to sell and they're living in the RVs too! Talk about claustrophobia!!!

I wasn't interested in them but had to wade through them since we had no choice but to park in the back forty and walk our way to the front area where the local vendors and merchants are...the ones who live here all year round and are regular fleabees. Fleabee...is there such a word? I think I just made it up :)

Talked with a very nice lady who sells a special brand of jewelry that she gets from NJ, got her info and sent her an email. Then there was this very energetic young man who does metal sculptures that I was very impressed by. Cranes, egrets, crabs, palm trees and the likes, (it IS Florida). He first cuts the metal to the shape using a large torch and then hammers a dimension to it such as the body of the crane. He then adds color in a unique way using various media and techniques. It's all very rustic artistic wonderful looking.

Most of the pieces are hang-able for the outside of the house or to really be a Florida home, to decorate you lanai with. (I have a lanai but I guess it's not a Florida home though because I don't have all that sort of thing on the walls of my lanai. And why is it called a 'lanai' ? Who named it lanai anyway? It's a semi enclosed porch that opens the main house to the caged pool.) Okay - so the single word, lanai, does sound better than that long description I just gave!

Anyway, Bam, that's his name and I did not make it up, sells these pieces dirt cheap. No two pieces are alike since each is made by hand and he was more than glad to give me his Grandmother's name and phone # to talk to as she handles "all that stuff for him." So I'll try calling Ms Fox again tomorrow.

I was then talking to the owners of the flea market but unfortunately or fortunately, looked at my watch and it was time for me to call in and greet the early birds for the morning call. It was so noisy there and I had grabbed the wrong headset for my cellphone so I had to send Al back to the back forty to get our vehicle so I hear clearer. So, at that point, we headed home so I could listen to the rest of the call:( Sorry I missed the rest of the vendors for the day but glad to get the rest of the call:)

Al was in a bit of a cranky grumpy mood after dragging him away from the flea market before he had a chance to finish the walk through himself...that's one of the things he really enjoys doing and looks forward to each week. (I think I'll have to be on the evening call if I plan to do the Wednesday flea market again.) I offered some cheese with his whine for lunch...only kidding but I have to admit that I didn't make any more contacts for the day. Occasionally we have to be reminded that we have a spouse or loved one who deserves some quality time with you so we spent the rest of the day getting the Christmas decorations finally done.

So that was my day folks - 2.5 contacts but only one with an email address in hand, uncounted strands of Christmas lights, some 200 snow people through out the house and Peaches trying to play with every one of them:) And to all a good night.

PS: I did take a break and watched 2 neat little videos on YouTube that a friend had sent me - one was about blogs and the other was about advertising your blog through social networks such as FaceBook and MySpace. Email me < smandp@earthlink.net > if you'd like the links to them - they were very interesting. I also have a digital eBook copy of Who Moved My Cheese if anyone would like it. Marvelous little book and I know you've heard Ginny refer to it often.

Linda

4 comments:

bestblinddate said...

I would love to have the YouTube videos and the ebook Linda, but I am not sure of your email??? But, if you like,You can reach me at alethaisin@hotmail.com ... Thank you very much! Aletha

Joanne B said...

Could I have both also? Thank you
mpm1154@yahoo.com
Thank you
Joanne

Big Z and his Mom said...

Linda C,

Always love the changes to your background paper on your blog. You're very creative and artistic. Even before the Boot Camp, I've noticed how you've always posted helpful information for the benefit of all. Thank you. I'm glad you're making a "go" of it with the Boot Camp and sharing about it.

worldchangerrealitybootcampeleanorn said...

yes, please. I would also like the info...send it to worldchangercoach@gmail.com Thanks.

Eleanor