Monday, December 8, 2008

It's a Lovely Day in the Neighborhood...

Hello fellow campers and visitors or should I begin with goodnight since that's where I'm headed...fully exhausted and with much physical discomfort from standing on a hard concrete floor in an old VFW hall from 11am to 7pm today!

I was at a Home Party Plan Trade Show today - all day and though the customer traffic was not good at all (due only to insufficient advertising and an out of the way location), I met some wonderful ladies of the local direct sales professions. And, after touring each other's booths and discussing sales trends, product versus product etc., I discussed MyPowerMall with each and everyone of them off and on all day. There were so many 'open doors' in conversations that I couldn't even walk through them all! Like how often does that happen?

Of course, we all had so many things in common which is always a plus. There were 10 vendors all together including myself and I truly feel that there will be at least 5 sign ups from today's effort.

I listened in on the conference call this morning while I was at the show and what Linda B. talked about really spurred my conversations today because everyones eyes lit up when I told them about the Local Merchant Mall in conjunction with their World Changer Mall. That's huge and invaluable even in a small area where there might not be a large number of members yet such as my local area and as business woman, they each immediately recognised the value.

Okay, what next? Follow up tomorrow with these ladies of course and especially one who is very prominent with the Citrus County Business Woman's Association. She already invited me to the next networking luncheon. That will be in Feb since they just had one last week which had nearly 150 business women in attendance.

I also need to get with my NPO tomorrow and gear them up for next week as the featured NPO and decorate the house etc etc so I'm off to beddy bye for now:) Talk to you all tomorrow.

"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others." - Elbert Hubbard

Linda

1 comment:

worldchangerrealitybootcampeleanorn said...

Linda, what a wonderful place to be when on the call yesterday. I agree with you about the advertising, it is a great idea for local businesses. And...you go more than 5. Good for you.

Eleanor