Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 8 of Boot Camp

Okie Dokie!!

I'm back after a momentary melt down that was slow building and reached a peak last night where in total frustration I'm emailing Ginny at 11:30pm and was ready to throw in the towel!

I really had huge doubts that I was accomplishing anything except spinning my wheels - wasting gas and annoying a lot of people including myself! I couldn't get anyone to talk with me and those who did weren't going to give me any contact info...I felt like I was trying to get a pig to sing...it was frustrating me and annoying the pig!

Thank goodness Ginny had a marvelous email in my inbox first thing this morning or else I think I would have given up. And, talking openly about my frustration with Jacki and some of the other Boot Campers on the call this morning was tremendously helpful too. Thank you everyone.

If you're new to MyPowerMall or just 'visiting' or had gotten an invitation card, I want you to know that we really do have a wonderful family in MPM. If you just happened to stumble onto this blog, please go to my business site to see what we're all so proud to share with you.

So, to further my new found good feelings, I headed to my nail salon for a pedicure and manicure with a purse full of cards and a note pad. I really was hoping that my AmEx gift cards that I purchase (through my mall of course) would be here this morning so I could use them as a point to my conversation but they weren't but that's okay, off I went anyway.

I arrive at the nail salon which is normally fairly busy but there were only 3 other customers there and 2 employees along with the husband and wife owners, Justin & Trish. Not too much to work with there but I talked with 2 of the ladies and Trish. A bit more with Trish as the owner of the business but she didn't give me her email.

After leaving there I stopped in to say hi to 2 other business owners in the area. One owns a pet grooming business and I had talked with her last year when we first kicked off the BP program and the other owns an art gallery across the street and also happens to live in my development. I have contact info for both and will follow up with a 'nice talking with you' ecard and then a call by weeks end. I also have 2 that had told me to called them Wednesday.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worse thing you can do is nothing."
~ Theodore Roosevelt, American President (1858 - 1919)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So, it appears that even when we're not getting names, numbers and emails - when we're not feeling particularly successful in our endeavors, we're talking to people and putting ourselves out there and that's doing something and that's better than nothing!
Okay, so what if people are leary...so what if people are too busy because of the Holidays...so what if I live in an area with a medium age so old that we jokingly refer to it as 'Hospice County'...I know in my heart that My Power Mall is a program that everybody needs and I WILL keep on offering to share it with anyone and everyone! What's the worse they could do, say no? Better they choose to do nothing, than me do nothing.
Til tomorrow...
Linda

1 comment:

Joanne B said...

Linda,
My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel. I have a son in the 'boot camp' and he feels the same way. He had a breakthrough today, and as you said....being out there is doing something. I am sooooo happy you did not throw in the towel. You ARE successful just being out there. I just told my son tonight...the worst thing is people say no and you move on to the next one. You can feel proud that you did it! I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Joanne