Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIEnd of Week 3!!

Well, here it is...end of the week and we're all still alive! No one lost their heads or broke their necks and all us campers will live to see another day! WooHoo.

This will be a short one tonight (of course I say that to myself before I begin each blog,)...

So, the 'Investigator' seemed pleased when he left...not only did he find my husband alive and kicking but he also seemed to like what I offered him regarding MPM:-) He traveled up from Tampa for a half hour interview and it seems they send him all over the state for half hour interviews which he thinks is foolish and totally a waste of company funds but "hey - it's a job!"

I wonder if he knows that "job" stands for "just over broke"?

An elderly neighbor then stopped in - Dawn had recently lost her husband of 30 some years so I keep kind of close tabs on her and make sure she's taking care of herself as Jim would have wanted her to. We do what we can to help her when she needs us since her kids all live on the Atlantic coast. She brought over a bunch of pictures and asked me to help her put together a Legacy Memorial album of Jim's life so she can give copies to their children for Christmas.

She's not a shut in but still grieving and trying to get use to being 'one' so she doesn't venture too far from home and the local grocery store etc. We got to talking about Christmas and what shopping she has to do yet but she doesn't much feel like driving to Ocala where the real stores are. I mentioned about My Power Mall again and she's coming back over on Sunday to finish the memory album and take a look at it and thinks it might just be a good idea for her to have one too:-)

Then the Sears repair man arrived to take a look at out microwave that's 21 years old! Yep, original with the house and it worked great until the other day when it just plain stopped. It's a built in unit above the wall oven so I was hoping that they could no longer get parts for it and I'd then put in a double oven but alas - no such luck as it was just a fuse! Granted, the fuse has to be ordered but it can be had - oh well. Anyway, before he left I asked him the same 3 little questions...

Me: Do you buy groceries, toilet paper and gasoline?
Sears Repair Guy: (with a very puzzled look on his face) Ah...yeah.
Me again: Are you getting rebates on everything you purchase?
Sears Guy: tst, nooo. (head shaking)
Me with a mischievous smile this time: Would you like to?
Sears Big Eyed Guy: Yeah - HOW?

Well, he must be somehow related to my husband...if you ask Al what kind of computer he has, he'll tell you it's a grey one! Sears guy didn't know his email address! Have to call Mrs Sears Guy for that but he's definitely going to sit with her and go to the site.

I found out that there are numerous business owners who literally live in my development - a CPA, 2 vets, a few Realtors, 2 who own restaurants, 1 owns an art gallery, a sign shop, several Drs... Dawn has lived here a long time and she knows everyone - so I'm going to get to know my neighbors! Amazing isn't it? I've come to the conclusion that I simply haven't met enough people since we've been in Florida because I don't belong to any organizations or associations other than my HOA locally.

I think that between a more active approach to the HOA along with the Business Woman's Alliance and hopefully there's a local enough chapter of the BNI, I will have some very positive results.

Linda

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

I'm so glad you and Al are there for Dawn. I'm sorry for her loss.

Great efforts with Mr. Sears. He saved you a few bucks for now. But, when he becomes a World Changer, then you can invite him back to install a new microwave that you buy on your mall for you. Hee, hee.

Have a great weekend.

Ginny Dye said...

Ahhhh... just meeting all your neighbors will make Boot Camp worth it. :) You will soon start reaping the benefits of all the seeds you are planting. I so believe in you!

Ginny