Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 9

I can't believe this week is half over already!

Really neat call this morning. I love that we have an open mike so to say and can discuss our fears and obstacles openly with each other as a group and as a group we come up with different ideas and ways to deal with it all - the nos - the yeahs - the disappointments and the successes.

Al and I went to our local salon today and got hair cuts (we do a lot of things together) and our stylist Mela is from NY originally so we always have a lot to talk and joke about since Al is born & bred upstate NY and I lived there for some 25 years. Anyway, I like Mela so much because she talks like, sounds like, acts like and even resembles my best girlfriend who died very suddenly 3 years ago this April from breast cancer.

Diane's passing was a tremendous loss as we'd been best friends for almost 25 yrs. And even though she stayed in NY and I moved back south and we didn't see each other too often the last almost 10 years, when we talked on the phone or got together it was as if we were never apart and had just see each other yesterday. Her son and my youngest son are still friends today.

She was only 50 something (real friends don't ask or divulge ages - they don't need to,) and had never had a mammogram in her life until that October and she was already stage 3 by then. I literally cried my heart out for weeks inconsolably.

So, it was natural for me to gravitate towards Mela and actually it was Al who made me see who she reminded me of. Striking a kinship with her I think helped me get beyond the hurt of losing Diane and yet , in a sense, reconnecting with her too. But the point of telling you this sad story actually coincides with something that was brought up in the call this morning - reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances...

After getting my 5 today which of course included Mela and the other 2 stylist in her salon, I came home to find 2 emails from 'old friends and acquaintances'! How weird huh. And there were also 2 emails from team members who haven't done a thing with their malls in over a year and the message to call another one! SPOOOOOKY!!!

Hey Jacki - can we talk about nothing but new sign ups tomorrow?? I want everyone on the call to simultaneously close their eyes and send out thoughts of all the signs up coming their way. Maybe we can all meditate and chant together or something. "Anything the mind can believe and perceive, it can achieve."

Follow up today was so-so. Everyone is so wrapped up (no pun intended) with Christmas right now but we keep trying and stay positive.

Linda

3 comments:

Gueler Wilkins said...

Hello Linda,
thank you for the comment. I usually am very good in improvising but it seems like no matter which way I turn it's a dead end. I am not giving up though I am going to finish the boot camp no matter how hard it gets :)
I wish the best of success :)
Julia

Ginny Dye said...

I love reading your Blog so much! I do think there is so much power in visualizing what you want to bring into your life. Thanks for that reminder. We'll talk about it today. :)

Ginny

Jean's Global Village said...

Thank you, Linda, for putting so much heart into your blog. I love reading it because it feels like we are sitting together having coffee and just talking! I agree--let's visualize!

Your friend,
Jean